Monday, October 20, 2014


Artists Instrument:

Most of the artistic choice I chose are developed from the musician in me. I wanted to make something tonal with rubber bands due to the love I have for the sound rubber bands make. I chose to use a hollow wooden box that could act as a resonance chamber that could make the tones ring longer. As for the outside of the box, there really is no artistic choice for any of it. I wanted to focus on the rubber bands.


Played 2-D Score:

The score I played looked much like a constellation, with many dots and connecting lines. I looked at the nature of my instrument, and decided to use the bottom of the instrument as a drum and the tones of the rubber bands for the lines. I looked at the descending lines and tried to descend in the tones of the instrument. I tried to leave a lot of space for the empty parts in the paper as well. However, I got nervous, and lost my place through the middle, but I still tried to maintain the main ideas.

[Photo Pending of 2-D Score Made]
Made 2-D Score:

 I made the score 16x24" in size because I wanted it to seem kind of heavy. I also included dots because I wanted them to be hits. I also made them pretty equally spread apart to signify that they should be hit at a constant time. And the larger the dot, the heavier the hit. Eventually down the score there was a huge cluster of color and black, with this I wanted it to be more up to perception, but I obviously wanted the person playing it to go crazy on their instrument. At the bottom it finally lead to a wave effect. With this, I wanted the player to play very calmly and eventually fade out.

No comments:

Post a Comment